Katherine Plante, CPA is an experienced and fully qualified Chartered Professional Accountant practicing with a focus on the needs of small business and not-for-profits. The practice uses the most advanced technology to insure that we can meet the needs of our clients.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Operated successful full-service accounting firm for 21 years, consisting of a personal tax service of 700+ clients, and services tailored to small businesses, namely; bookkeeping, corporate returns, consulting and audits of small non-profits
- Successful at managing multiple assignments in a fast paced, high volume environment, and consistently meeting deadlines under pressure
- Strong positive management skills including maintaining morale, quality assurance, training, mentoring and team focus
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software and processes
- Bilingual, French and English
Sole Practitioner & Chartered Professional Accountant - Katherine Plante, CPA, CA, PAL
Orillia, Ontario | 1997 – Present
- Operated accounting firm offering full services tailored to small business
- Hired, trained and supervised up to 7 flexible part-time and full-time staff
- Nominated for Orillia Business Leader Award in 2004
Financial and Administration Manager - Mnjikaning First Nation
Rama, Ontario | 1994 - 1996
- Responsible for oversite of financial accounting of the Mnjikaning First Nation during the 18 months preceding the opening of Casino Rama
- Implemented the first integrated computerized accounting software with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll modules converting from a “one write” Mcbee manual system.
- Designed and implemented a new departmental chart of accounts to meet the oversite and reporting needs of over 30 programs funded by various government sources
- Facilitated and implemented, in close collaboration, with all program heads, a first “budget” by department and program
- Provided guidance, advice and training on accounting matters and ensured financial audit requirements
Chartered Accountant Designation
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
November 23, 1994
- The Chartered Accountant designation was granted after passing all examinations and completion of internship.
Mont-Royal, Qc | 1991-1994
- Junior and intermediate accountant assigned to audit teams that travelled extensively in Nunavut and Northern Quebec
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.A.A)
École des hautes études commerciales, Université de Montréal | 1986 – 1991
What is a Chartered Accountant (CA)?
The CA designation required an undergraduate degree in accounting plus three years of training in a designated accounting firm. To receive final certification students were required to pass a very challenging three-day exam known as the Uniform Final Evaluation. The CA designation was and is highly recognized internationally.